TOPEKA, Kan. (Oct. 25, 2019) -- The purpose of the Sports Car Club of America® Hall of Fame is to preserve, protect and record the history and accomplishments of the Club for current and future members by recognizing those who have had a significant impact on the Club and the sport. This may be through service to the national organization, achievements in competition, advancement of the sport, or bringing recognition to the SCCA that inspires enthusiasts to seek out and become members of the Club.
Many wonder how are the inductees selected. Well, that decision comes to committees composed of SCCA members who volunteer their time to this powerful process. Currently, the committees are searching for new members to be part of this significant decision-making team. The criteria for volunteers are simple: 1) At least ten years of involvement with the SCCA, 2) An interest in the history of the SCCA, and 3) The desire to preserve Club history by serving on one of the Hall of Fame committees. Interested members should submit their information to Howard Duncan at HDuncan@scca.com.
The three committees are as follows:
- Nomination Committee: Chooses a list of possible inductees based on member nominations.
- Legacy Committee: Researches and develops nominations from the first third of the Club’s history.
- Selection Committee: Selects annual inductees from recommendations received from the above committees.
Committee terms are limited and each year new volunteers are invited to join the process. Participation is not time consuming and those with a passion for motorsport and the SCCA find it an extraordinarily interesting and rewarding experience.
Those interested in being involved with one of the three committees should simply follow these steps:
- Write a brief résumé of your SCCA experience and involvement.
- Identify which of the three Hall of Fame committees you would prefer to serve.
- Email your information to HDuncan@scca.com or send it to Howard Duncan, 6620 SE Dwight St.; Topeka, KS 66619.
- Submit your information by Jan. 31, 2020.